Quarantene- Information in english Published March 13th 2020
Information about quarantine and isolation after travelling outside the Nordic countries
Based on the Infection Control Act § 4 – 1, the Government have enacted new
measures to prevent transmission of the coronavirus
The new measures include the following:
• All who have been outside the Nordic countries are to stay at home for 14 days after
arriving home to Norway, regardless of whether they have symptoms.
• Travellers from countries outside the Nordic region who are not residents of Norway
will be asked to return. The alternative for these travellers is quarantine. Travellers
with symptoms will be isolated.
• This means that everyone presently staying in Norway and who has been in a
country outside the Nordic region in the past 14 days is to be quarantined.
Home quarantine applies to people who have been outside the Nordic countries
for the last two weeks
If you are quarantined in a hotel or other types of lodging you are to:
• Have all meals in your room
• Avoid all public transport
• Avoid places where you may come into contact with others
Home isolation applies to people with symptoms of respiratory infection.
If you are in home isolation in a hotel or other types of lodging you are to:
• Stay in your room at all times until recovery and minimum two weeks total
• Call +47 116 117 if you need medical attention
If people share a room, guests without symptoms are to comply with the restrictions of
Violation of the above may be pursued by police.
Costs related to the above mentioned are at your own expense.
Public health officer
Municipality of Narvik